Derbyshire’s rich industrial history and varied landscapes provide endless inspiration for days out. Here are just a few ideas:
back to top
- Explore Haddon Hall, Chatsworth, the Show caves at Castleton and Matlock Bath and the industrial revolution in Cromford and the Derwent Valley.
- Hire a bicycle on the Monsal, High Peak and Tissington Trails, or have a go at riding, hang-gliding, rock climbing, and the Go Ape highwire forest adventure at Buxton.
- Younger children will love the Farmyard and adventure playground at Chatsworth , Gulliver’s Kingdom at Matlock Bath, the Sudbury Museum of Childhood and Crich Tramway Museum.
- A little further afield are Alton Towers and the Magna Science Adventure Centre.
- Or join in the celebrations in many lovely villages and market towns which hold Wakes Weeks, Well Dressings, Carnivals, Arts Festivals, Craft Fairs and Farmers’ markets from Spring to Autumn.
- For more things to do in the local area, go to the Visit Tideswell website